I got this from Joleene’s blog, who got this from Ange’s blog, who probably got this from Kevin Bacon. OK, so maybe I made the Kevin Bacon part up. 😉 It’s a blog tag and I think these are fun. So here goes!
1. What time did you get up this morning? I slept in until 8am this morning. No matter what time I go to bed, I usually have to get up early to do the “mom thing.”
2. How do you like your steak? Cooked. I finally have accepted that good tasting steak sometimes has a tiny bit of pink, but it took me ages to get to this point. My hubby grills the best steak! He can make a well-done steak still taste tender. I don’t know how he does it.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The new Underworld movie. I want to be on Team Selene! LOL
4. What is your favorite TV show? Right now, I’m on a Once Upon a Time kick. I don’t have cable or a satellite dish, so the only TV watching I do is on the Internet or through Netflix. We bought a converter box, but we can only pick up one channel and it’s a kid’s station.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I love living in Michigan, but my hubby’s family is originally from Pennsylvania. It’s so pretty out there! Sometimes I think about moving out towards that direction, but I wouldn’t like living so far away from my sisters.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Coffee, coffee, coffee, yummy roasted potato concoction/recipe that the hubby wanted to try out, pork chops, oh…and more coffee.
7. What is your favorite food? I don’t think I can pick just one! I LOVE to eat but I’m kind of picky too. Life is too short to eat just whatever is convenient. I like food that was thoughtfully prepared, comfort food. I like food that has real ingredients.
8. Foods you dislike? I’m not a fan of fast food. I don’t like eggs or mushrooms. I can’t eat anything with red food dye in it or I’ll have a severe allergic reaction.
9. Favorite place to eat? That’s a tough one! My hubby does most of the cooking. It’s hard to go out to eat anymore, because his food is usually better than most restaurants. There’s a Mexican restaurant down the street from us that makes AMAZING food. I love Chinese and I know a few good places for that. I have a couple of favorite places out in Ann Arbor. Last night, the hubby and I tried out a “new to us” grill. They had yummy food that was ALMOST too pretty to eat. I guess my favorite restaurants tend to be small and locally owned.
10. Favorite dressing? Poppyseed
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? A blue POS. The body looks like it was in MANY fender benders, but the engine was clean and well taken care of. I bought it like that and I paid cash for it. I drive around in areas that don’t have the greatest reputation and I don’t want to drive a car that I have to worry about getting stolen. Hubby had a car stolen years ago while he was at work. They took it right out of the parking lot. What a nightmare! We got it back, and it was OK, but I don’t want to go through that again. My car is usually the junkiest looking one in the parking lot and I’m fine with that. Pretty cars are not a priority for me.
12. What are your favorite clothes? I love wearing clothing that is classic and timeless when I’m NOT at work. It’s taken me years to pick up the right pieces. I’m about 5’6”. I have a really short torso and extra long arms, so it’s hard to find jackets and long sleeves that fit. I’ve got long legs, but again, because of my short waist, women’s pants generally don’t fit me right. Most of my dress pants are actually from the men’s department.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? I would take a tour of Europe. I’d start in England and end my tour in Italy, and make sure I visited ALL the countries in between. I WILL do this…someday
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Who has a cup? I get a cup? COOL!!!!
15. Where would you want to retire? I’ve heard of this strange thing, “retirement,” but I haven’t seen it in action. I come from a family who’s always busy doing something. It’s not uncommon for people to live to be in their 90s on both my mother and father’s side of the family. Retirement is another word for dead!
16. Favorite time of day? I used to prefer evenings, but I’m slowly becoming a morning person.
17. Where were you born? Livonia, Michigan
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Since we can’t watch regular TV, I don’t usually watch sports. If I were to go to a game, it would be hockey!
19. What is your favorite fragrance? I’m allergic to most perfumes, so I buy a lot of products that are unscented. I sometimes use essential oils if I want to smell nice. My favorite scent is lavender.
20. What is your favorite face cream? I don’t usually wear face cream.
21. Favorite baby/kids products? Baby wipes! They are great for everything from taking off makeup to getting out stains.
22. People watcher? I people watch daily!
23. Are you a morning or night person? I get more done in the morning than any other time of the day.
24. Do you have any pets? We’re down to two, a cat and a dog.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? I’m a wife, a mother, and a full-time manager. I deal with NEW stuff on a daily basis. In general, I wouldn’t say that my life is exciting, but it’s usually VERY hectic. There isn’t enough hours in the day. In my world, exciting usually means lots of stress!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A ballerina. Of course, never haven taken lessons and having zero coordination nipped that dream in a hurry!
27. What is your favorite memory? I have two, the day my hubby “officially” proposed to me and the day my son was born.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? I’m more of a cat person. Dogs are like toddlers. Cats are like teenagers.
29. Are you married? My hubby and I celebrated 11 years of marriage at the end of October.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Always!
31. Been in a car accident? Two. A fender bender when I was a teenager and I was t-boned once. That was scary!
32. Any pet peeves? 1) I can’t stand it when people play the blame game! If you screw up, own your mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. Don’t blame them on other people. 2) I hate being lied to. 3) I hate it when people rip other people apart, trying to make themselves look better. Usual these people are also major culprits of both 1) and 2).
33. Favorite pizza toppings? Ham & pineapple. I like lots of veggies on my pizza too, but no mushrooms or hot peppers.
34. Favorite flower? Roses and daisies
35. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate and Mint Chocolate Chip
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? The only fast food I really like is pizza. Wendy’s makes good chili.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? I passed, but barely.
38. From whom did you get your last email? Email? I’m supposed to check that once in awhile, right? LOL I’m TERRIBLE about checking my emails.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Hmm…Old Navy or maybe Linen and Things. I don’t usually do a lot of shopping at either one anymore. I’ve got too much stuff!
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Hubby and I went out on a date last night. That was fun.
41. Like your job? Most days I do!
42. Broccoli? YUM!
43. What was your favorite vacation? My vacations are the stuff of legends. Terrible things tend to happen when I try to go on vacation! The last REALLY good vacation I had, was visiting my hubby’s grandmother in Pennsylvania.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My hubby.
45. What are you listening to right now? I’ve been listening to some of my sister’s music. She amazes me.
46. What is your favorite color? Red.
47. How many tattoos do you have? I don’t have any tattoos, but I have two wicked looking scars on my arm and two titanium plates underneath said scars. They’re souvenirs from the days when I owned my own horse. Good times!
48. Coffee drinker? We have a motto in our family, if you’re old enough to sit up and drink from a cup, you’re old enough for your first cup of coffee. I think I was two or three when I started, so was my dad, and so was my son. I taught my hubby about the wonders of coffee when when we got married! 🙂
Have a great day!